Saturday, July 24, 2021

Is pocket carry a good idea?


Hi all. With the hotter weather I am finding it more difficult to carry some of my guns normally. I am thinking about going for pocket carry for a bit and am wondering if this is a good idea.I am a bit of a taller guy so I actually have pretty big pockets most of the time. I can quite easily fit say my glock 20 or my 4'' 686 357 in my pocket well enough [not that I have a pocket holster for those, but just giving a size perspective] so I am thinking pocket carry may actually be pretty good for me.So, I get I should keep the pocket only for that gun and nothing else and get a good holster for it.I probably would pocket carry my PX4 storm subcompact 9mm actually. It is a bit big for a subcompact but it has good capacity, a thumb safety, and DA to SA so it has a heavy first trigger pull for its first shot to pull back the hammer and I guess I feel a bit nervous of say one of those light trigger pull glocks or PPQs in my pocket... even though the glock 20 fits, not sure I feel safe with that [or should I as long as I get a good holster?].So I guess I am saying, is this a good and safe idea?Also, what about pocket carrying my revolver? Do people even do that lol and if so is that a safe idea [assuming a good holster again]. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3x61Wup

No comments:

Post a Comment