Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Formal/Close Protection Options


I'm relatively new to concealed firearms, having only recently gained an interest in it. A small disclaimer: I'm Canadian and not likely to actually apply this knowledge outside of a designated range (next to zero% chance), however I do take pistol courses and my career path might take me across the border to where carrying is allowed. That said, I've done all of my training with very overt equipment.What I currently have is an AIWB holster for my Glock 19x and Surefire X300u (which has a compensator that brings it to the size of a Glock 34). I have some casual-looking clothes that conceal it pretty well, but when I have to/want to dress up, the firearm isn't nearly as hidden as I'd like it to be. Between having to unbutton the jacket when I'm in vehicles or sitting down, to my white dress shirts printing, to the length of my handgun, I think there's some improvement to be made but I don't know where to start.I'm open to any and all suggestions, but a couple things to keep in mind:Canadian firearm laws dictate the barrel length should be over 105mm...because reasons. Glock 19.5s aren't widely available in Canada yet, but could be imported in with a threaded barrel. The reason I'd go with a 19.5 instead of a gen 4 is because I'm left-handed. That's about it. I've tried a friend's 19 gen 4 on the range and it actually did fit my hands decently well.The courses I go to are based on close protection. Naturally, this involves getting in and out of vehicles...a lot. Something that I can draw comfortably sitting down (as a bit of a stockier person) would be nice. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3BPakC5

No comments:

Post a Comment