Saturday, July 31, 2021

Question: What is the best way to go about having a CCW with a 507K mounted?


I have been looking at purchasing a Hellcat/ OSP/RDP, Glock48/MOS, or a M&P Shield Performance Center 4" for a new CCW. I am not new to shooting but will be new to shooting handguns with red dots.Based on many reviews, I have decided to go with the Holosun 507K, and found a great deal on one already.Looking at the handguns I am considering, all of them will need to be lightly modified to mount the 507K.​My question is, would it be easier to have the 507K mounted on a "non-optics ready" version, or buy an optics ready version?From my understanding, buying an optics ready version would require a mounting plate adapter (at risk of potentially losing co-witness abilities), or shaving down some of the post on the slide (not sure if that is a DIY effort or a machine shop effort).Buying a non-optics ready version, I would have to send off the slide for proper milling for my MRD specifically.​I have also noticed that many of the optics ready versions are being sold with a red dot. That wouldn't be a benefit to me at all as I already have the 507K. If going this route, I would likely give the red dot that came with the gun to a friend.​Does anyone have a recommendation for which approach would be best/most efficient? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/379bXMH

No comments:

Post a Comment