Friday, July 30, 2021

Get rid of people who don't value your boundaries

Let's say someone tells you how something is to be done without you asking for it and you don't want to hear it, you can say: "I am sorry, I am not interested in that" or "I am sorry, I don't have time for that right now".

A sane person would just go mute and go on with their day.

But most just continue lecturing what you don't care about, ie overstepping the boundary you set(which is why I am personally against setting boundaries without enforcing them immediately).

Now of course you could say: "Dude, shut up".

Then he might continue further, getting personal as in "I don't care what you want" or "Oh, touchy".

You don't want to run away, but you also don't want this person to continue talking to you(and he already knows he is bothering you).

How do you accomplish that?

PS: I am talking real life, not some internet forum.



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 02:17PM by Caspar_Ostermann https://ift.tt/3BYESkZ

No comments:

Post a Comment