Saturday, July 31, 2021

Unpopular opinion: The Easy-to-Rack spring mechanism (i.e. Shield 9 EZ) is far superior to the traditional spring found in most handguns and is extremely under-utilized in the industry


If I may start with an analogy: it's like the entire industry is still using mechanical steering, even though electric steering exists.I see absolutely no downside to it. I've owned the Shield 9 EZ for over 2 years now, and the easy-to-rack slide is better than anything I've ever used in literally every category: ease of use, disassembly/reassembly, reliability, reloading, cost, safety checks, to name a few. I see no reason that this kind of mechanism shouldn't become the standard in the industry, yet there are only like 3 or 4 handguns in the world that utilize it.I know that this type of mechanism was marketed towards people with weaker hand strength or whatever, but even if you're the strongest person in the world, why wouldn't you want something that seems to be miles ahead of the traditional product?Can someone provide the counterargument? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3zXQDq4

No comments:

Post a Comment