Sunday, July 25, 2021

What CCW Gun Modifications Are "Scary?" -- Should I Never Change Anything on my CCW Pistol? --Discussion Please


Like many people that carry, I understand the reality is very low that I will ever need to fire a CCW firearm, but I also understand the serious financial risks that even a justified shooting can create in that unlikely event.​I'm using "scary" because I see it used sarcastically a lot, but it simply means things that might be looked at negatively in a self-defense case.So, I'm curious about what types of gun features were officially considered "scary" in previous cases, or could be a grey area?I've heard that SAO revolvers are a no-no. Seems crazy since most strike me as hunting oriented first, but I see this posted a fair bit.I've heard lightening springs even in a DAO revolver is a possible no-no. I can see how it sounds concerning to those unfamiliar with heavy pull revolvers, but how about shims and polishing? Is it better if a gunsmith performed the changes?Some grip changes seem to be often mentioned as ok, but what about if it's a different color? "Lego Gun" or whatever it was, would obviously be a red flag that you're possibly unhinged. But what about a tan grip on a black slide?What about adding a red dot to a pistol that can accommodate it, but didn't come with one? What about if you have to have it milled on?Where is the line drawn?​I fully realize these are "ask a lawyer questions," but with so many new gun owners, and so many pictures of modifications...​How is anyone supposed to know what is considered ok, or are we really at the point where the only truly safe option is 100% stock pistol/revolver with 100% stock factory stated ammunition?​What resources are there for new owners to go to, or is "stick to the manual" the only safe answer? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3iKgmeB

No comments:

Post a Comment