Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Are Streamlight products like the TLR 7A or 8AG, compliant with ITAR?


I'm currently not in U.S. but I would like to own one of these Streamlight products. A buy for life scenario. Is this style of mounted light or the one with light/laser combo restricted by ITAR? (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)https://ift.tt/3kB9Kle far as I know, I'm supposed to avoid whatever is on this list and I'm not sure if I've missed any legal jargon that dictates that the mount capable lights/lasers are restricted by ITAR. (Cannot be exported from U.S. to overseas is my concern.)Category XII—Fire Control, Laser, Imaging, and Guidance Equipment *(3) Laser spot trackers or laser spot detection, location, or imaging systems, with an operational wavelength shorter than 400 nm or longer than 710 nm and that are for laser target designators or coded target markers controlled in paragraph (b)(1); (1) Laser target designators or coded target markers, that mediate the delivery of ordnance to a target;I can't tell if these apply to small weapon lights or only laser range finders. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3rtPL9x

No comments:

Post a Comment