Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I didn't carry until I realized that evil people exist.


I grew up in suburbia that one generation back was horse farms and country. Everyone had guns because everyone hunted. But my family were the out-of-towners and my mom was a pseudo-hippie who gave us carrots for Easter instead of chocolate.I graduate high school and the first year I'm in the city: Someone tries to mug me just as all my friends show up, a serial killer shoots someone a street down from me for their car, then a year later someone is shot 50 feet from my old apartment.In my new apartment I got my pistol and I carry that hunk of metal everywhere. Well happens that my next door neighbor had an abusive boyfriend. One day she screams for help on the top of her lungs. I hear the door of her apartment slam open and I grab my pistol and shove it in a jacket pocket and run outside. She's crying and she has bruises all over her neck. He comes out and sees me and just runs away. And as I call the police she's asking me to not tell them her boyfriend got her hooked on drugs again. I file the report and everyone is looking out their window but no one else came to help. The policeman remarks how usually no one comes out to help and I'm some sort of anomaly. That weekend I broke my lease and headed right on back home. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2mJkJh3

No comments:

Post a Comment