Wednesday, October 2, 2019

How do you get the most benefit out of a range session?


I'm a college student so I don't have access to my parents' spacious property most of the year. I also live on-campus, so I have to leave my gun in the car. So, the only time I have to train is when I go to the range which I plan on doing every week or two (my local range does 1/2 off range fees for students once a week so it's not that expensive).Today I did 100 rounds of FMJ and a mag of my carry ammo (HST 124 as I've seen recommended by you beautiful people). I shot at a to-scale silhouette at 10 yards, not sure if this is a good distance or not. I feel like I did fairly well, especially considering this is the first handgun I've owned (not the only one I've ever shot). All of my rounds were on paper, mostly in the inner 4 rings. However, my grouping started to skew low and left as I shot more. Any advice on how to fix that and general practices when shooting would be great. I'm using thumbs-forward grip, both eyes open, I tried shooting some focusing on the target and some focusing on the front sight post, not sure which is the "right way".So what would you do with ~100 or 150 rounds for the most benefit? Should I bother with dry firing at the range? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2oCrjGP

No comments:

Post a Comment