Wednesday, October 2, 2019

EDC'ing an IFAK and Handcuffs?

TL;DR: Is it practical to add medical supplies and handcuffs to my EDC as a civilian?

I live in a state where Castle Doctrine, Good Samaritan laws, and Citizens Arrest are all protected rights. Meaning you're within your right to perform self defense and citizens arrest, and perform immediate aid to life-threatening injuries.

I regularly carry a handgun and a couple extra mags for the dreaded "just in case" when I'm out of the house and with my family.

Until recently, I didn't know that Citizen's Arrest and Good Samaritan were protected by my state's legislature. Upon discovery of these laws, I've been playing with the idea of adding a couple things to my belt that would ideally improve the safety of myself and those around me. These things include an IFAK with the works, except a NPA or chest decompression needle (I'm not confident in my ability to render aid in those ways), a tourniquet, and a pair of hinged handcuffs.

I have received a good deal of medical training through the Army, but have never actually performed an NPA or needle decompression, so I fear I'd do more harm in that way.

My question is: Would it be practical to add these things to my EDC as a civilian?



Submitted October 02, 2019 at 03:16PM by Vedzah https://ift.tt/2oAhdpI

No comments:

Post a Comment