Saturday, August 3, 2019

Company sending ~$1000 in products for review


Hey everyone! I need some advice on if you think I handled this right. A large company has just reached out to me offering me their products in return for a review. I am just a small firearms youtube channel so this sort of shocked me. This company is one I’m sure you all know and I am sure many of you probably already use their product. However, they also want to send me 5 other products one each from other competitor companies. They are also willing to send me other products of theirs as a sort of consolation for doing a comparison review of their product versus the others.I have gone back and forth with them and their rationale is that they are so confident in their product that they are willing to send me their competitors stuff. To be honest I sort of respect the confidence. I told them I would accept the items but that no matter what I am going to give a legit review of all things involved. If I don't like their stuff I will say so. They said that is fine.My wife recommend I reach out to these other companies and offer them a chance to provide their own products to eliminate any bias. Since the company that contacted me is sending me other things and offering a discount code for their product, plus sending me competitor items I thought it was only fair to notify the other companies and give them an opportunity to represent themselves. One company has already responded and said it is also considering sending their own products and discount code to level the field. I have not heard back from the other four.During all this I also decided it is only fair to not keep anything sent to me but instead give it away after my review to my subscribers or instagram followers. I have notified all the companies that this is my plan. To be honest I hate to part with all this stuff but it's the only way I think I can be fair to my viewers and all the companies.Do you all think I handled this well, or would you have said no or just yes and not contracted the others?​Hey everyone, original post got pulled for a rule violation. Not sure if it was because there were questions about where to find my channel. If you have any questions like that please PM me and I'll try to respond. But I wont be responding to any channel stuff in the comments. Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YEbA6c

No comments:

Post a Comment