Monday, July 1, 2019

Road Rage Incident


I just experienced my first incidence of road rage in which I genuinely thought I may need to protect myself with my weapon.I was sitting at a traffic light and when it turned green the man in front of me pulled out unusually slow, so I following particularly close for a bit. Once we got up to speed (35) he began brake-checking me and speeding up and slowing down. This went on for about a mile and as he slowed to make a left hand turn down a side street, he came to a complete stop. No stop sign, no light, no oncoming traffic.My firearm is in my backpack on my passenger seat, once his vehicle stopped and I saw him shift into park I partially unzipped my bag and prepared to remove my firearm and holster from my bag. At this point I see the man exit his vehicle - Empty handed.I decide to leave my bag open (firearm still concealed) and I lower my drivers window slightly so we can talk. He immediately starts berating me and after a short exchange which ended with me saying “you’re going to get yourself killed if you get out of your car to yell at everyone who doesn’t drive to your liking.”My questions are:Should I have removed my firearm from my bag and held it close to my person?Should I have left my driver’s window up as more self protection?Should I not have made the comment that I had made??This is my first serious encounter and my heart is still racing a bit. I am 23 years old and have been carrying for almost 2 years. The man was in his late 40s to early 50s. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/323zStn

No comments:

Post a Comment