Monday, July 1, 2019

Recommendations for a baton / billy club?

I have been living in a bigger city for a bit of time now and after an incident that happened just yesterday decided it was time to put a tracker on all my devices and invest in a self-defense product of some kind.

OC spray was my first thought - it's small, effective, etc. But I don't trust my ability to have the right orientation with it in the dark, or that it won't just get knocked out of the way. A taser is just, so much could go wrong with it. And a stun gun doesn't provide muscular incapacitation. And I do not want to keep up with a firearm.

A family member of mine is a law enforcement officer, and it is what made me think of an expandable (or "tactical") baton. The time I was allowed to flick it open was impressive to me - the thing wasn't all that heavy, opened very easily and closed much harder, and this thing could easily break a shin with hardly any effort or even knock someone unconscious if it came to be a life threatening situation. I also think to myself, this thing takes little to no practice to use - practice flicking it open and you're good. If someone tries to grab hold, they don't have much to grab on to, and you should be able to break their grip with some quick circles. It really just seems like the perfect thing for me - isn't swinging a stick all too natural for humans?

Problem is, there are so many sites and I don't know who to trust. Police family member has no clue what brand the baton is. Lots of reviews but I don't know if they're real. It's a mess and I want to buy something that will actually keep me safe. Any recommendations are appreciated.



Submitted July 01, 2019 at 05:03PM by NummieTunes https://ift.tt/2Lws7WW

No comments:

Post a Comment