Monday, July 22, 2019

Rant: Mecklenburg County Mental Health Check


Background: I moved to Charlotte in 2015 while going through a bad separation. I was drinking heavily to cope and spoke to my new Novant family doc about it. He prescribed me some medication to help - a 30 day supply, no refills - and that was the end of it.I applied for a CCW in April and got a status update today. Novant reported that I was treated for 6 months for it. I have to provide the Sheriff the full records from my "treatment" and get my Novant Doctor to write a letter attesting that I am physically and mentally capable of owning a firearm. (Yeah, I'm sure he's going to accept the potential liability and do that. /s)All because I spoke to my family doc 1 time for some help getting through a rough period, so my drinking didn't become a larger problem and spiral out of control.Does anyone know if there is a limit to how far they go back and I should just wait it out and re-apply? Or will this prevent me from ever obtaining a CCW in Mecklenburg County? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XV6bfz

No comments:

Post a Comment