Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Could/should I have drawn?


Question for y’all.I’ve been carrying for 2 years now and luckily have never had any sort of encounter.... until today.I was out running errands on my lunch break with a female coworker. I was not carrying because my office does not permit firearms, and we wear formal business attire. However I keep it locked in my glovebox until I am off at 5. (I know glovebox is a no-no)I am walking back to my car from errands and a male approached me 15 feet away on my left and said “hey”. My coworker and I both looked at him and nodded and said hey and then kept walking to my car.The guy gets pissed that we kept walking and starts yelling slurs at me specifically. I keep walking and not acknowledging him but I’m paying attention in my peripherals to make sure he doesn’t sucker punch me. We make it back to my car without incident.Being my first encounter, this has got me thinking. Had he run up to me to try and assault me, would I have legally been able to draw? My heart was racing because I wasn’t facing him. Had he punched me from behind he could have done serious bodily harm. This leads me to believe I could have drawn, but wanted to hear your opinions.Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2AVrf7g

No comments:

Post a Comment