Thursday, December 27, 2018

[Gear] Upgraded after a year of carrying. Some thoughts and a picture.


TL;DR: Upgraded light and holster and am super happy with it.Picture first!I started carrying about a year ago now. Original setup was a Glock 19 with an APLc and TRex arms raptor. New setup is the same Glock with a TLR1-HL and a PHLster Spotlight. And I am in frickin' love with both of the new additions.My favorite thing about the APLc was the UI. I honestly liked the ease and straightforwardness of the paddles. My least favorite thing was the quality of the build. The output was okay. My light started having issues about five or six months after I started shooting with it and carrying it. It would consistently not turn on, or flicker heavily after turning on. I tried many batteries and brands and nothing really helped. Customer service for Inforce has failed to respond to three emails and five voice messages, so I gave up on them.The holster was good. It wasn't super great, but it was good. My chief complaint was that even with the larger belt clip, the gun would still move around height wise on my belt, making it so the gun was in a different position each time I went to draw at the range.Now the new. The TLR1-HL is great. My initial worry was the additional length past the barrel, which is partly why I bought the APLc to start off with. I finally said fuck it. I want a light that's reliable and bright, and the TLR7 just wasn't scratching that itch for me. After all, the gun is for my life, the light is for someones else's. I want to be able to properly identify whatever I am aimed at. Which brings me to the holster.PHLster is not a brand I see around here that often, but it's brought up in a podcast I listen to called Primary and Secondary. And the owner has been on a couple times, too. The holster is awesome. It's got a built in "teardrop" that acts as a wedge, a really neat claw with some texture so it doesn't slide against your pants, and the dual loops use the pull the dot fastener so they're pretty secure on your belt. The dual belt loops also ensure the gun is in the same spot every time. I love it. This holster is more comfortable than the Raptor, even with the extended length. Also, this holster will allow me to carry up to a Glock 34 as long as it has the TLR1 HL attached. With the 19 I can fit a comp in there, and it's already cut for an RMR, so as my gun grows, I can keep the same holster. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2VdnraZ

No comments:

Post a Comment