Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Young with little to no self-defence training

I'm a sixteen, going on seventeen year old girl who is only five feet tall and I weigh around 105 pounds, which is next to nothing when compared to the average guy even my age.

I'm mostly thinking of it now, because I'm going to be living mostly on my own for a month in London, where I have to do a lot of walking on my own to the theatre I'm working at. It's not only my first time living alone, but I'm starting to realize how I look among crowds -- I mean, I'm babyfaced, so I look around 13-14, and I'm ridiculously short. I used to do martial arts when I was younger, but that was a passing hobby and I don't remember anything from it. I've also taken two or so weeks of stage combat and I'll be doing more of that kind of work in London, so I know a lot of form and how you're supposed to look like, but that doesn't go much farther than faking it. I feel like regardless as to how much I study self-defence online and through youtube videos, it won't have much affect because of my body. In a situation I could be thrown like a sack of flour. Should I try working out on my free time and improve my physical health? I've never really bothered with it.



Submitted December 25, 2018 at 09:32PM by deathbycrown http://bit.ly/2PZ4ZiB

No comments:

Post a Comment