Thursday, December 27, 2018

Modifying trigger cutout on OWB for smoother draw?


Im a complete holster noob, I just picked up a light tuck for my AIWB EDC and its perfect. Theres significant tension and retention on the trigger guard without it being too much to unholster.On my OWB I have a VP9 mainly for range day to practice draws, I NEVER carry OWB. Its a brand new Dara and even on the loosest retention available, I really have to yank it out of the holster. It almost looks like it was too well formed to the trigger guard and it is a VERY dramatic draw. Its almost like instead of a < indentation holding the trigger guard, its more of an L shape.What is the best way of modifying this? Should I try to Dremel down the edge of the trigger guard indentations bit by bit until the fit is better or should I try to heat the kydex and rework it? via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/a9yimc/modifying_trigger_cutout_on_owb_for_smoother_draw/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment