Friday, December 28, 2018

Magazine holsters - is sticking with cheap stuff that works ok?


Hello everyone and thanks for reading.For context, I carry a Walther PPS Classic/M1 equipped with the flush fitting six round magazine with one in the pipe. This relatively low capacity has begun to raise somewhat of a concern with me, even though the likelihood of needing more than seven rounds in an encounter is astronomically low.Consequently, I have experimented with the idea of either carrying a few spare mags with me or upgrading my carry gun to something like the G19X as I have become more comfortable with carrying handguns with larger frames in my six months as a CCW. To avoid the high prices of specially made kydex magazine holsters until I'm sure I want to keep the PPS, I bought two polyester mag holsters on eBay for around $10. They work great for holding two of the seven round magazine (giving me three groups of seven rounds for 21 rounds total for EDC) and are comfortable to wear. With a good belt, I can even do a handstand without them falling out. The only time they are able to slide out is when I release tension from my belt and drop my pants carelessly.My questions largely lie in whether or not these mag pouches have the potential to cause any issues that could be avoided with a kydex alternative. I already have a kydex IWB holster for the PPS so I'm covered on that front, but I would be very appreciative if anyone could point me to any resources or give any anecdotes on the topic of poly/pouch style mag holsters versus kydex ones. Thanks in advance for your time and contributions. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2EOslWd

No comments:

Post a Comment