Saturday, December 29, 2018

P365 first range trip


Picked up a SIG 365 a couple weeks back from Bass Pro and just took her to her first range day.Manufacturing date: November 18Put 300 rounds of S&B FMJ through, with zero issues so far. Was going to do more but the range is only for 1 hour, then you have to pay for another hour so I said screw it and concluded early. Also tried various hollowpoints and same story. Hopefully the good shooting continues. I understand that 300 rounds does nothing to prove the reliability of any firearm, but it’s a start.Some notes:Little difficult to get a solid grip on the gun due to its size, I was having difficulty with follow up shots because it would shift my support hand after each round, specifically my thumb since there is very little surface area to rest it on below the slideRecoil was not bad for how small it is, but I still shoot my 320c a little better. That said, the 365 points naturally and feels great in my handJust for absolute peace of mind while carrying, I may swap out the striker for the aftermarket steel one later on, but I’d like to test the original first. I have only noticed minor primer drag so far, stopping well before gouging into the brass casingThe mags are VERY hard to load initially, but hopefully it gets easier as I break them in furtherStill waiting in my Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim so I intend to grab some more bulk ammo and continue testing. If anyone is interested, I could update this thread as the round count climbs. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2QZdPSM

No comments:

Post a Comment