Monday, December 31, 2018

Walked away from a fight, feel bad.

I got in an altercation with a guy on a night out. I was walking down the street with my friends and I wished some random guy a happy New year's, thinking I was spreading some holiday spirit. It's something I usually do, people usually reply in kind. Won't do it anymore though.

He smiled, saying thanks and approached me. Then pushed me unexpectedly and I fell to the ground, with him screaming abuse and that he'd lost his phone and credit card. He hit me in the face, so I sweeped him before he could land a second and got back to my feet. Then I held my friend back who was about to jump in for me as the guy was getting up. (There were four of us, he was alone).

I apologised to the guy and told him we were leaving, he pushed me a few more times as I was doing so but he didn't really move me, now that I was aware of what was happening.

I really wasn't looking for a fight, I'd never been in a street fight. I honestly wasn't trying to mock him or push his buttons in any way.

I feel bad for what happened, I'm disappointed I fell to the ground. I feel like I lost somehow and my pride hurts. The guy was heavily intoxicated. A part of me wants some type of street justice, though I know that this all could've ended far worse in a health and legal sense, and I'm thankful that I spent the night at home, and not in a hospital or cell.

I wish it hadn't happened, and now I'm feeling guilt and anger. Thoughts?



Submitted December 31, 2018 at 08:45PM by kirby42 http://bit.ly/2F1y774

No comments:

Post a Comment