Thursday, November 16, 2017

My CCW gets "dirty" and I hate it. I'm long winded so TLDR at the bottom.


So my biggest pet peeve is people that don't clean their guns. This is because my grandpa that basically taught my brother and I how to shoot and gave us all our range time growing up never cleaned any of the guns and so never taught us to either. Result? I've experienced a fair amount of issues and malfunctions due to carbon, grime, and lack of oil. When my dad (a cop) taught us the importance of having a clean gun and how to clean a gun, I was able to see the performance difference between a clean and dirty gun. So I immediately became an avid gun cleaner. Meaning EVERY TIME I shoot even a single bullet, my gun is thoroughly cleaned. Not just field stripped and my barrel swabbed, but taken apart, cleaned, and oiled. I just can't stand the thought of having a dirty gun. At around 15 I was giving my dad static about how dusty (in my eyes dirty) his duty weapon gets and he said its just part of carrying a gun everyday. I thought he was full of crap and just excused the dirtiness because he hates to clean guns. So I offered to do his weekly cleaning for inspections. He JUMPED at the chance and taught me how to really clean and oil a gun. So I got pretty good at it. Fast forward to 24 I still feel the same way about cleaning guns. I love to shoot (guns kinda make me horny, but that's normal right??) So I clean quite a bit. Since I started carrying a couple months ago I've realized how hard it is to keep a CCW as clean as I would like. I carry at work and school and work at a tire shop so I get why it gets that way but it drives me nuts. So I clean it to some extent once a week whether I shoot or not. How often do y'all normally clean your CCW?TLDR: I HATE dirty guns. A couple months into to carrying and realizing how hard it is to keep them spotless. I know that the gun will possibly get beat up over time and I'm fine with that but that's different than dirty. How often do y'all clean your EDC? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zI8vJV

No comments:

Post a Comment