Saturday, November 18, 2017

I carried for the first time today. Thanks /r/CCW


A few months ago I had a very interesting conversation with a friend that made me consider getting my permit to carry. I'll be honest, I've not been too keen on the idea in the past, but I took an honest look at my past experiences and the world around me and realized that if I wasn't going to protect myself, I wouldn't be protected.I took the CCW class back in July and started waiting for my permit in the mail. I went to google and searched everywhere for information on guns, holsters, ammunition, etc... Most of the searches brought me here and eventually I started looking through other posts. There were so many questions I hadn't even thought of, situations that I hadn't imagined, and a plethora of interesting topics that really helped me decide if I wanted to start carrying.Eventually I decided on the 9mm shield, and a IWB holster. After getting all the necessary equipment and trying it on for the first time I realized that I wasn't ready to carry yet, and another barrage of google searches led me to many threads here where others have shared my hesitation and concerns.So I read, I learned, I watched linked youtube videos, and most importantly, I trained.All of the advice, information, and knowledge in this subreddit have been so helpful. Thank you to everyone who asks the stupid questions, and double thank you to the people who answer these questions every time they pop up. Thanks to the mods for the amazing FAQ and the flair that makes it so easy to find relevant posts. Today was the first day of many, thanks to all of you. tl;dr: /r/CCW is awesome via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zQD7bN

No comments:

Post a Comment