Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Why I think the caliber wars are BS.


So...recently I fired an AR for the first time. It was chambered in .223, which I understand to be nearly identical to .556 NATO, the difference being the length of the cartridge extending into the barrel section.These are a lot slimmer than my 9mm rounds. Yet they're more powerful, despite the fact that they're also half the weight of my 9mm rounds. I'm guessing some of that has to do with the amount of powder, and some has to do with barrel length.However, the diameter of the round itself leads me to want to call BS on the entire 9/40/45 argument. Obviously diameter that is a very small part of the equation. Why do people get so hung up on that, when a look at normal AR rounds should suggest the obvious? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ymQe4M

No comments:

Post a Comment