Friday, October 6, 2017

(Scenario) I backed down even though I was carrying.


On Sunday, I stopped to pick up some groceries after church. I was standing in line when a woman came running up with her cart. She stopped just short of hitting my cart with hers, and parked it diagonally to the rest of the line. I was already keeping my eye on her, and trying to appear as though I hadn't noticed her.Apparently, my not noticing angered her, because the next second, her whole face contorted with rage. She pulled back on her cart, and then rammed it into mine as hard as she could. Now, both carts were jammed between the aisles.In that moment, my head was screaming at me to "DE-ESCALTE!!!"I said nothing and speed-walked to the exit, leaving my cart and the crazy lady standing there in the crowd.Afterwards, I was seething. I was confident that I did the 'right' thing, but my pride wished that I'd stood my ground. My pride whispered that I was in the right, and she'd done wrong. And I just let her win. Ugh.Even though I was mad, I still can't even pretend that a spot in line at the grocery store was worth a confrontation when I was carrying.I realize now that even though I have my CCW, I am still vulnerable to violence.What can I do to protect myself in situations where a DGU is not warranted? What do you do when confronted with aggression that is not life threatening? Did I do the right thing? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hRCibV

No comments:

Post a Comment