Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Bathroom Gun? Worried about rust.


This post is more for my Fiancee than myself. We live in an apartment together and I am currently doing some out of town work during the week. Basically I'm gone Monday through Thursday but I'm home for the weekend. I have a couple of nightstand guns that she is comfortable accessing and using them while I am gone. She will go to the range with me a few times a year and is a competent shooter. Her biggest concern is what to do if there is an intruder while she is in the shower (Understandably I think this is a pretty common fear among people, especially women).We have a piece of furniture that is kind of like a cabinet that is in reaching distance from the shower. My thought right now is to put a gun magnet in that cabinet to hold a small revolver, probably a Ruger LCR or something similar. My biggest concern is humidity from the shower causing the gun to rust. Does anyone have a setup like this? I assume a stainless firearm would be the way to go, but what about internal components rusting? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fOHtbW

No comments:

Post a Comment