Friday, June 23, 2017

Looking for some advice on what would be most comfortable for my body type and usual dress


TL;DR: 6'2 240, dress clothes, can't decide between standard, mini or AIWB SG, what holster/carry style would a g19 be most comfortable/concealable for sitting a majority of the time or would a different gun suit me better?Hello, I'm a new CHL in GA, but will be moving to SC in the next month or so for school. (This is important because there's no open carry allowed in SC.)I've been lurking around here reading everything I can to get information before making an unnecessary post, but I think the time to ask for advice has come.My Specs: Currently (and for the rest of my life probably) I'll be wearing a dress shirt and dress pants to work if not a suit. South Carolina is just as hot (if not hotter than GA) so I'd prefer to not count on wearing a suit jacket to keep from printing. I'm 6'2 and hover around 230-240. 38" waist 44" jacket size. I'll probably be sitting with my carry for the majority of the day.I've already decided on a brand of holster (stealth gear ventcore) and belt (beltman 1.25" bullhide for dress wear with internal stiffener, and 1.5" horsehide w/ internal stiffener for normal clothes) after reading all the great feedback on here.However, I haven't decided between the standard, mini, or AIWB stealth gear.I also haven't decided on my EDC yet. I currently have my mother's Glock 23 with trijicon night sights, and I'm comfortable shooting it, and I think I would like to EDC a g19 if I could comfortably do so.One day next week I'll be going to the range and plan on shooting the Walther PPS M2, Glock 23 (ideally I would purchase a 19 since 9 mm ammo is cheaper but I have a 23 handy and it's the same size as the 19) , FNS 9c, Ruger Sr9c, and the Sig P320 compact. I'm definitely more comfortable shooting when my whole hand is on the grip, so I'm leaning towards the G19 or the PPS M2 (since the 7 rd mag allows you to get your whole hand on there). I guess I should also consider the 26 with a pearce grip since my hand fitting on the grip completely is my main concern.I'd like to get some opinions about what setup would be the most comfortable/best based on my body type, dress, and where I'll be carrying (sitting down) most of the time.I know that whatever gun I choose should be whatever I'm most comfortable with, but since I can't buy a stealthgear holster to wear around with each gun I hope to try out, I was hoping that some of y'all with some combination of the setups/body type I have could provide me with some direction on what will keep me from printing, and be comfortable on my body. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2t3WPP1

No comments:

Post a Comment