Saturday, June 24, 2017

[Oklahoma] What constitutes a threat of imminent danger?


I recently finished my concealed carry classes, and I've been waiting several weeks to receive my license. Occasionally I'll call up my instructor with some random, one-off questions, but a situation that piqued my interest happened today.A friend of my girlfriend was out shopping today, and he was approached by a couple of men acting moderately aggressive. They were accusing him of being a homosexual, and making threatening comments. He attempted to deescalate the situation, but the men basically said something along the lines of "What are you going to do? I'm strapped.".Fortunately, our friend was able to deescalate the situation and get some help, and to put distance between him and the men. However, had he been a CCW license holder, would the act of threatening to pulling a firearm on him by the attackers constitute enough threat of imminent danger to pull his own firearm?With Oklahoma's recent changes in open/concealed carry laws, brandishing has changed a bit here. So, I'm unclear of how preemptively unholstering your own weapon would be handled. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2rPlpyM

No comments:

Post a Comment