Monday, June 26, 2017

Traveling with a handgun across the country and have some questions/concerns.


On Thursday, my buddy and I are starting our roadtrip off. We will be leaving Indiana and driving to Wyoming, then Montana, then down to Arizona and Utah, then Colorado, and finally back to Indiana...and driving through all the states in between.From what I have gathered, it is best to keep the gun in the trunk and the ammunition in a separate case. I applied for my concealed carry permit (in Indiana) about a week ago - so I will not be hearing back for a couple of weeks yet.The handgun is an FNP-9mm if that matters. It is not in my name. It is my aunts (not in her name either though) and she is letting me borrow it.I'm not planning on carrying it except when I am hiking in the Wyoming and Montana wilderness. I understand a small handgun like this is unlikely to stop a bear. I will have bear spray as well, I will just feel more comfortable carrying a weapon when on a multiday backpacking trip.I am 22 years old with no record. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Should I even take the gun? I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge that I could take too, but I'd rather not hike around with a shotgun wrapped around me.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is a time sensitive issue. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2sJ5kgF

No comments:

Post a Comment