Friday, June 30, 2017

[Scenario] Pulled over carrying, Michigan, Wayne County


With the recent talk about encountering law enforcement and it’s impact on CCW, I thought I’d share my story.Yesterday I was pulled over for the first time (I’m 27). Livonia patrol officer said he clocked me 14 over in a 30. Im not going to get into if I was going that fast or not, but lets just say I wasn’t.Officer said good afternoon, said he stopped me for speeding, next words out of my mouth were “Officer, before we go any further, I wanted to let you know that I have a valid CPL and my pistol is in the center console of my truck”. All he said was “that’s fine”. He asked for my license and I said “officer, I’m going to reach into my back pocket and get my license, is that okay?” He said yes. Rest of the traffic stop was fine. I did get a ticket, but he only wrote me for 5 over. Said he can’t remember the last time he pulled someone over with no driving record -_-The officer was polite, and efficient, couldn’t care less about my pistol, didn’t ask for my CPL, my insurance, my registration, nada. He even gave me instructions on how to get the ticket reduced. It’s a know speed trap and they want their money, and I accept responsibility for not paying enough attention to my speed. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uracp5

No comments:

Post a Comment