Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Original LCP issues... ready to throw the thing out


Hi all. I bought a LCP Gen 2 (Not LCP II) last week for $190 shipped. First thing I did was put a hogue grip on it. I got it to the range for the first time today. First mag went well with Hornady hollow points. Second mag I put in some Blazer Brass and on the second round the trigger locked up. I am still confused as to what happened. The trigger became COMPLETELY dead after the first portion of the trigger reset. I removed my finger from the trigger guard figuring maybe I just didn't let the second 'click' happen. Nope. Completely dead gun. I racked the slide and dumped the round and the rest of the mag worked. Next mag I went back to the Hollow points. First round fine. Second round FTE.Sigh. I feel like a nimrod for buying a cheap pocket .380. There is no way I could trust my life to this thing. I just wanted something I could carry in deep concealment or for when I need to run across the street in a hurry and don't want to put on a belt and cargo shorts to carry my PCR IWB.I am open to any other suggestions on better pocket guns. I'd just get a J-frame and be done with it but I don't think that's going to work in jeans.Any tips? I will eat the cost of the gun, I don't care. I can't settle for questionable reliability in a carry gun. The FTE could be limp wristing I suppose. But the completely dead trigger? I can't figure out what happened there. The double reset is a big issue for me as well. This was definitely a foolish purchase on my part and I accept that. Never shot one before, only handled in the store. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2sjqgMN

No comments:

Post a Comment