Saturday, June 24, 2017

First Time Carrying in Public (No Walmart)


Hello, everyone. I'm a longtime lurker and I got my Oregon Concealed Handgun License in May, but I held off on actually buying a personal gun until last week due to concerns my girlfriend had (mostly just safety and legal consequences if I had to use it). So I got a Glock 19 (sorry for the cliche, but I know it's a good, reliable gun with plenty of aftermarket support) and a Bravo Concealment BCA OWB Holster.Two days ago I put on the holster and carried it without a round chambered or even a mag for a few hours inside my house just getting comfortable with it. The gun (mysteriously) did not attempt to harm anyone. Once I knew I could trust it to remain calm, I loaded it and took a quick jaunt through my neighborhood yesterday. Because of the foot traffic in my neighborhood this meant I passed basically no one, so I was curious how it would perform under just a t-shirt (screw this heat) in a more crowded environment.I needed a Sharpie and some delicious Sun Chips (please give me an endorsement deal Frito Lay) so I decided to head to Fred Meyer. There are no Walmarts near me so I did avoid that cliche. Anyway, I managed to get everything I came for (after some wandering) and went home. Again my firearm did not attempt to harm anyone. It remained obediently in my holster and as far as I could tell no one was the wiser.In short, I'm glad to be a full member of this community and have the means to protect myself and my family. I promise I will go to a Walmart one day so please don't ban me. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2t7DDiW

No comments:

Post a Comment