Friday, July 9, 2021

This is embarassing (Itch)


I have been carrying my CCW for 15 months now. I am currently carrying a SIG 365XL in a Vedder LightTuck, with the foamy wedge. I would *never* carry at work, since it is against our policy, so if I *were* to carry, it would have to be deep concealment. :)My method of carrying is appendix, over an undershirt. I use an adjustable NexBelt (Supreme Appendix), and an outer shirt that conceals everything from view.Originally I was not wearing the undershirt. All was fine during the winter, for the most part. I wore hoodies. I started wearing t-shirts because I have a red-dot and it was getting caked with skin flakes. The undershirt helps this a lot. Maybe two months ago I started noticing that after removing my holster in the evenings, I was VERY itchy where it was sitting. It's a very deep itch. There is nothing visible.. no rash. No discoloration of the skin. Just an insane itch. I started using an anti-itch powder. Then a cream. Nothing has worked.I recently went on a camping trip and wasn't carrying appendix. After a couple days, the itch was almost gone. Now that I'm back in my normal routine and carrying appendix again, the itch is back IMMEDIATELY after my first day of carrying!To satisfy the itch, I avoid scratching with my nails. I use the corner of a credit card and it feels SO GOOOD!! I am really confused as to what is causing it though. Despite it being hot out, I keep the skin dry with absorbant powder. The undershirt is *usually* dry throughout the day, unless I'm doing something particularly intensive, which isn't often. My original thought was that my skin was allergic to the foam wedge, but I'm not actually making contact with it, so I dunno. I'm at a loss as to what is going on. Anyone have any clue? Anyone have a similar issue?TL;DR: I have a crazy itch where I carry my CCW, and can't figure out why! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3AQqsTA

No comments:

Post a Comment