Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Self defense against someone under heavy drugs.

Last week I performed a concert at my local beach. I had lights, a canopy and a keyboard. It was very clearly my space and I was busy performing. A man clearly under a strong substance came up and was incredibly aggressive to me, getting close to my face, staring at me, trying to grab my mic from me, etc. He would not leave for about 5 minutes and it was horribly uncomfortable and I felt unsafe. He was definitely on drugs, and as he hung around, and I tried performing and ignoring him, he became even more aggressive, yelling at me, saying he was gonna kill me, and swinging his arms violently. I love performing my music at the beach but I’m incredibly anxious after this interaction. Please, any and all advice is appreciated. If it helps, I am a 5’10 moderately muscular 19 year old, but I wear baggy shirts so is less noticeable. I am usually very friendly in demeanour so it’s hard for me to become aggressive. I also do not look intimidating.



Submitted July 21, 2021 at 06:41PM by AlecB1202 https://ift.tt/3hWaTlH

No comments:

Post a Comment