Saturday, July 24, 2021

Pistol RDS on a carry gun, thoughts?


So I'm no stranger to red dot sights on guns, but I recently started carrying a p365xl with a Romeo0 on it and I'm not sure how much I like it for a carry gun. When I first took it to the range I thought it was great, I could shoot more accurately at distance with the smaller pistol. But after my last range trip practicing holster draw, presentation, and switching between targets, I noticed something a little odd with it. It seemed I was almost getting a red dot "tunnel vision" while shooting. My focus seemed to be limited to what was within the lens and the frame of the rds seemed to cut off my ability pay attention to what was outside the frame.Anyone else have a similar experience? It may be in noticing it more with this micro red dot more than the larger ones. Is this something that I just need to get used to and train around or is this an inherent flaw of micro red dots?? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3eSJS0z

No comments:

Post a Comment