Monday, July 12, 2021

Another case for red dots. Near sightedness.


So, we've all seen accounts from older folks who just absolutely love and adore the red dot because they can see it with their aging eyes.But one of my greatest fears as a person with fairly bad near sightedness (20/400) is that I maybe forced into a situation where I need to shoot without my glasses.Is it likely? ... Probably not. The likelihood of me getting into a gunfight is pretty low to begin with, likely even lower that I just happen to lose my glasses. But the fact remains that glasses are a loosely held on piece of medical equipment that can be broken or lost.At a normal arm's length extension, the front iron sight basically doesn't exist as far as my eyes are concerned.I've tried with three differently colored iron sights. I tried with a Glock OEM night sights white dot, a Trijicon HD yellow dot and a Trijicon HD orange dot.I could see none of them with my glasses off. Meaning if I end up having to take shots without my glasses... I would be shooting solely off my rear sights.Whereas with the red dot, though it does blossom out a bit, I still have a general idea of where the center is and I can actually see the dot.Next time I hit the range I want to test and see what the difference is between my non glasses iron shooting and my non-glasses red dot shooting. But the fact remains that the red dot is already on top by virtue of me being able to see it without my glasses on.So, my fellow myopic sufferers. You might think about a red dot as a possibility. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3AVvv4Q

No comments:

Post a Comment