Thursday, July 4, 2019

Starting to hate my G19 after trying different handguns.


I purchased a glock 19 a few years ago after turning 18 without looking around much and without firing one, and now that I'm 21 and have applied for my CCW I've been looking into different handguns, specifically single stack 9's. Today I rented both the 43 and the shield. I started with the 43 and I absolutely hated it, I felt like it was jumping out of my hand, the slide release and mag release were too small for me to manipulate consistently, and the trigger safety was sharp and uncomfortable to shoot.​I then shot the shield and instantly fell in love, I shot it much more accurately and especially with the grip extension it was much more comfortable in my hand. I liked the safety much more than the 43 and even more than my G19 trigger. I alternated between shooting the shield and my G19 and I was more accurate with the shield, and I definitely like the sights and the trigger loads more. This has made me start to regret purchasing the G19, and I looked around the store some and almost every other comparable gun felt better in my hands and had sights that I liked more. The HKVP9(and sk), the M&P 2.0 compact, and the sig p320 compact.​Is there any reason to keep my glock if I shoot/enjoy other similar guns more? I'm thinking of selling my 19 and purchasing one of the three mentioned above (p320, m&p, hkvp9) to use as a home defense/occasional gun, and also purchasing the shield to carry everyday. Anyone see a reason not to do this or why I should stick with the glock as opposed to these other guns? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xBLXaZ

No comments:

Post a Comment