Sunday, July 21, 2019

Reminder: don’t leave your CCW in a restroom


Heading back home and driving through Austin, TX this morning when the wife and I stopped at a Starbucks. She went to the restroom then came out and grabbed me and said “hey I need you to look at something.” I said sure and followed her back to the restroom. There was a subcompact glock sitting on the toilet paper holder. I walked out to the barista immediately and told him that there was a pistol sitting in the bathroom. “That’s the second time this has happened, which restroom was it?” I said “I guess the women’s restroom.” He replied “we don’t actually have a women’s or men’s restroom, all of our restrooms are not gender specific.” I said “okay well the gun is in that one” and pointed to it. He went in and came back out, verifying it was there I suppose, then ran outside to grab the state trooper, who happened to be parked in the parking lot, to take care of it.I know it’s easy to get complacent sometimes (I can’t personally say I’ve ever taken mine off of me and set it down in a public setting) but it’s really a wake up call to see an uncontrolled firearm just in a restroom. There was a family with young kids in there at the time. A kid could easily have picked it up not realizing it was real. Hearing it has happened before is just more unsettling.Also worth noting, the barista seemed pretty cool about the whole thing. He didn’t seem to care much more than being annoyed someone was so careless. Given the Starbucks stories I’ve heard elsewhere it was nice to not see someone flip out over the existence of a gun. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/32GQlnr

No comments:

Post a Comment