Thursday, July 4, 2019

Need some clarification PLEASE


Hey everyone. I am in need of serious clarification. I live in Fl, am 22, and own a Sig p320. I do NOT have a CCW. Am I legally able to have my firearm in a snap holster clipped to the inside of my door trim panel/under my steering wheel on the underside of the dash, etc... ? I currently keep it in a snap holster inside of my closed center console as of now. But I see plenty of people out there who seem to keep their guns at these locations inside of their vehicles. After frustrating mixed answers on plenty of google searches I’m still not clear. What I’ve found here seems a bit vague... “To be charged with possession of a concealed firearm the gun must be “readily accessible for immediate use.” This means that a firearm or other weapon is carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a manner that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if carried on the person. If the gun is securely encased it is also not concealed for purposes of the statute. “Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access. See Fla. Stat. §790.001.” via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KX37J2

No comments:

Post a Comment