Wednesday, July 17, 2019

NC 92 days into wait, still no permit. Legal options?


In Durham county, on day 92 now with no sign of when I will receive it. Called several times over several months and they said they never received all my records, which I think isn't entirely true.​I called all the medical centers on the form which I signed away my HIPPA rights and the centers said either they don't remember sending them in (I have 0 records in any of the hospitals) or they were sent at the beginning of May (between May 1st - 6th). Well over the 45 days maximum by law.​The county courts office when I called a few days ago said the sheriffs office NEVER requested my medical records for a permit. Then I call the sheriffs office demanding why they never requested my records and they proceed to tell me they suddenly have them all and end the conversation. Told me now I need to wait for them to run a background check on me that should take 40 seconds and now could take 45 more days.​Is there anything in the NC state code I can use to help me or do I need to get a lawyer? This seems like just blatant incompetence and downright denying me a permit when I meet all the legal qualifications to obtain one. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XM05y1

No comments:

Post a Comment