Friday, July 5, 2019

First time being pulled over while carrying


Just started carrying two weeks ago, and have seen tons of post/videos of what to do when pulled over while carrying(unfortunately never took the time to read or watch them.). So being pulled over I was a little Nervous about what to do. I was pulled over because I had my AirPods in my ears which is illegal when driving. The officer pulled me over and told me that it’s legal to have one earbud in an ear at a time when driving. He then asks for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. I reach for my ID which is in my right front pocket, and tell the officer that I am a concealed carry holder, I hand him my ID and CPL. He asks “without pointing to your firearm where is it located?” Which caught me off guard and took some stuttering before I could answer appendix. He said “alright can I have proof of insurance?”. And I responded “it’s in the glove box is it okay if I reach for it?” He said yes. I was fumbling around looking for my insurance while the officer asked “what kind of gun do you have?” I told him I have a glock 19 and just got it not too long ago, maybe three weeks ago, to which he simply responded “nice.” He told me he would run my information in his squad car while I looked for my insurance info, telling me even a picture of my insurance would be fine. I couldn’t find it, I later found out I left it at home and forgot to put it into my car. He came back and asked if I found my insurance, and I responded that unfortunately I didn’t. He told me it’s alright he wouldn’t give me a ticket today and appreciated that I informed him that I was carrying and where my firearm was located. Overall it wasn’t as scary an experience as I first imagined, I’m glad I didn’t die on the Fourth of July. 😬 via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xseOyH

No comments:

Post a Comment