Thursday, July 4, 2019

CCW with an infant


So we've been blessed with a new baby girl, my third child, and I'm fortunate to work a LE job that gives me three months paid parental leave, and either three or four days a week off when I'm back to work. My kids are my life, but I'm not a sit-around-the-house kind of guy, and I'm out and about with our daughter strapped into her tactical quick-deployment infant chest harness on the regular, both around town and out for hikes and whatnot.I've been carrying the same Glock 19 since roughly 1992, and have my IWB carry figured out with the kid carrier on, and am tweaking my draw. I may actually switch to AIWB as it makes more sense.What I realized yesterday is that, in the unlikely event I do need to utilize my sidearm, at anything less than full extension I would be literally right next to my daughter's ears, likely causing permanent damage. Things are pretty delicate at 12 weeks of age.And yes, while I would love to add a can, it's not practical both in terms of the time it would take and barral length for EDC. That leaves me pondering a change in caliber for when she's with me, potentially trading efficacy for her hearing.There's a lot of collective wisdom on this sub. Anybody ever come up against this? If so, what did you do? I'd love to hear everybody's thoughts.Take care, and happy freedom day. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2RQNMdC

No comments:

Post a Comment