Monday, December 3, 2018

Very few pistols actually NEED modifications


I carry a simple handgun. It's a Kahr CM9, as it came from the factory, except for the addition of a Crimson Trace Laserguard. Opinions among gun people vary on lasers, but I think they can only be helpful in a stressful situation. The CT's instant on nature is the best I've found.After that? I've put night sights on pistols that didn't have them. and I did a connector and springs swap on my G43 because the trigger was atrocious. That's about as far as I think I need to go.I spend the money I would spend on mods on ammo and range time. I think too many people believe some mod will somehow improve their shooting. Of course, they also think a different pistol will improve their shooting. I am guilty of the latter until I realized it wasn't the bow, it was the Indian.I have polished the stainless on all of my stainless guns, because I like shiny and I find shiny pistols are easier to clean. But no Cerakote or such. I kind of don't understand the Cerakote trend, but I'm not a kid anymore. LOLWhen someone is a new shooter and starts asking about mods, I tell them mods are great but spending money on ammo is gonna make them a better shooter. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2DWcKmO

No comments:

Post a Comment