Sunday, December 23, 2018

Tips for Beginner


Hello Everyone!This is my first time ever making a post on reddit so bear with me. I am a 20 year old female; I turn 21 in two weeks. Unfortunately, I have already learned the hard way that I need to learn how to protect and defend myself. I took a semester long self-defense class, and I usually always carry mase and/or a taser. After a few years of consideration, I decided I wanted to get my CCW for self-defense purposes. I just recently took and passed my CCW class. I have my appointment to apply for my CCW the day after my 21st birthday.I would consider myself a beginner when it comes to firearms. That being said, I will train extensively and really get to know my handgun before I would conceal carry due to what an immense responsibility it is. I really don't take this lightly. I want to continue to educate myself as much as possible, which is why I am making this post. That being said, I was hoping to gain some insight from experienced, responsible gun owners. What would you tell your beginner self if you could go back? Any tips or advice for me?Furthermore, I am also considering which handgun to purchase as my first. After much research, I am heavily debating between the M&P Shield 2.0 or the Glock 43. I plan on going to the range and renting both before making a definitive decision. Keep in mind, I will want to use this handgun as my EDC once I feel confident and competent to do so. Are there any other handguns you think I should be taking into consideration? Any advice on how to gain confidence when beginning to conceal carry (aside from training)? How do you conceal carry in the safest manner possible (trigger guard, holster, etc.)? For reference, I am a 5'1, 110lb female. Going off of that, do you have any recommendations for holsters that will *conceal* my handgun? Most often, I wear yoga pants/sweatpants/leggings (college student life).I know that was a longer post and a lot of questions, but thank you in advance for any input you give me! I genuinely appreciate it. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2GPWKWT

No comments:

Post a Comment