Monday, December 3, 2018

My very first encounter with police while carrying.


Yesterday, I was headed home from Little Rock, but wanted to stop and get my wife some coffee to take to her at work. Turns out, the coffee shop was situated in a weird place, so I was trying to use GPS to get there. Cue the blue lights and siren behind me. Dang. Click the hazards on, pull into a parking lot, kill the engine, and wait. The trooper comes to the passenger window, introduces himself, and says he stopped me for running a red light. I said, "I'm not sure which light I drove through, but I want to tell you for both of our safeties that I have my concealed carry permit and am carrying right now.""That's fine, just leave it alone. Do you have your license and registration on you?""Sure, it's in my right back pocket, and the registration is in the glove box.""Go ahead and get them."So, I did. He went back to the car, ran my stuff I guess, and brought it back with a warning and said to stay safe. He didn't ask for my insurance, which I thought was strange.TLDR It went fine. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Pgd69W

No comments:

Post a Comment