Saturday, December 1, 2018

Lessons learned and guns used from my first year carrying, VA.


https://ift.tt/2G2pIC6 is my first year carrying and I did it everytime I go out besides work. I started in December 1, 2017 winter and its my ine year anniversary. Here are the guns I carried and then some lessons I've learned.December 2017 - March 2018: M&p9 2.0 full size.February 2018 - May 2018: M&p9 2.0 Shield.March 2018 - November 2018: Glock 19 Gen 5May 2018 - September 2018: Glock 43September 2018 - Current: Glock 26October 2018 - Current: CZ75 PCRDNovember 2018 - Current: Glock 19 Gen 5 mos + RMRWent from M&p to glock and never went back. I carry my Glock 19 90% of the time, and use my CZ and 26 if I am at the gym or at a formal setting.Throughout my year, these are the lessons that have stuck with me the most;No one is paying attention - I have carried and printed but still no one noticed. It doesn't matter that much unless you are in a deep concealment situation, so don't stress too much about getting made. One this I recommend is baggy shirts and sweaters, it makes a big difference.Don't be scared of the gun - I learned pretty quick that if you shoot yourself it's almost always your fault. If you practice the Golden rules, you will never ND and hurt someone. I carried on an empty chamber until I got my glock in March, because I watched videos on how the gun works and what safety mechanics are in the internals. There's a big slab of steel.blocking the pin from hitting a primer, so I am fairly confident of carrying hot in a good holster even pointed at my junk.Concealed is concealed - There are two things to this I have learned, and it's mainly for VA and states like it. The first is if you tell people you have guns, their whole perception of you will change forever. It's even worse if you tell them you carry daily. Concealed is concealed, don't tell anyone but loved ones or gun store employees. The second is that you have a right to bare arms. You are the only person that is responsible for your safety, period. Take whatever this means to you, but concealed is concealed.Thank you reddit and YouTube for giving me all I needed to be invested in this lifestyle and all the information I need to keep learning and growing. Carry on! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2rfpcXj

No comments:

Post a Comment