Monday, December 3, 2018

Hypothetically, does Florida CCW cover long guns/SBR’s?


Let me preface by explaining that I have no intent to carry concealed anything beyond a pistol, and I know I’ll be verbally crucified if someone were to think I were suggesting that one should carry a rifle concealed. I simply ask because of a discussion a friend and I had recently about the limitations of Florida carry licenses.We were talking about the SBR AR I’m currently building when he joked about carrying it concealed to fulfill my “mall ninja patrolling needs”. After a laugh the thought occurred to me if hypothetically it was actually legal. He argued that it should be covered since the permit itself says “concealed weapon or firearm license” and not “concealed pistol license”. When I looked into it all I could find were threads discussing carrying a long gun loaded in a car, which is not what we’re talking about. Is anyone aware if it’s specified in Florida statutes or case law as legal or illegal to carry an SBR concealed, or a concealed long gun for that matter? I’m curious to find out if this only applies to handguns. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Pj7OuB

No comments:

Post a Comment