Saturday, December 22, 2018

Dog attacking child - what would you do?


Apparently this happened this morning in my neighborhood, and I didn't witness it but it got me thinking.Some irresponsible and probably abusive dog owner was walking their dog through the neighborhood and it ended up attacking a nine year old girl who was playing outside. From what I heard it was a very large dog and got the girls head in it's mouth and wouldn't let go. She left in an ambulance after people tried and failed to get the dog off her for a long time.My first thought was to ask myself what I would do if the dog was another human. And I think a lot of us would agree that would be a justified shoot, as the girl was absolutely in a huge amount of danger. But as I kept thinking about it, I weighed the risks of accidentally hitting the girl and also being sued by the girls parents just for getting involved at all. People are lawsuit happy these days even if you didn't do anything wrong.So I don't really know what I'd do. What do you think? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2CuIQ88

No comments:

Post a Comment