Thursday, June 1, 2017

Dry Fire Practice with iTarget is Helping with Shooting Confidence


Hello everyone,I thought I would share with you my experience with the iTarget system. I picked it up a few weeks ago because I thought it would help save on ammo costs by allowing my to practice at home and it would give me feedback on my dry firing.I have been using it for about two weeks and today I decided to go to the range with my G26 just to see if I had improved at all. In the months previous I was...eh.... at firing. I believe most of my errors were caused by jerking the trigger or anticipating the recoil. However, today, I did not have nearly as many issues and was much more accurate (nothing to brag about but much better). This all as led to my shooting confidence to increase dramatically. I might not be the best at landing 3, 4, 5, etc. shots in a row accurately but my first shot has become much more accurate. This in turn as made me more confident in carrying my firearm as I know I will be better able to use it if the time ever arises.Additionally, I used the iTarget to practice home defense. I would sit the target by the front door, on top of a tv tray, and would "fire" at it from concealment, in low light situations, and from multiple shooting positions. It has made me feel much better about my accuracy and ability should I ever need to protect my home.In short, here are a list of some pros and cons of the setup.Pros: Feedback while dry firingAbility to practice home defense scenariosSaves some money on ammo (depending)The laser bullet does not eject by racking the slide which saves aggravation and allows you practice mag changes if you desireCons: Price - the sled, one bullet, and shipping were right at $100. If you are like me and carry two different calibers (depending on situation) then buying an additional laser bullet will run you an additional $60.The bullet is a little difficult to get into the barrel; however, once its in, it remains secureI have an iPhone 6+ and getting the target aligned is a little difficult with that phone. It also pushes the limit of the sled. If you have a smaller phone you will probably have an easier time.Since your phone has to be in front of the target for the system to work, the phone will partially block the target. My large phone does not block the 10,9, or 8 ring but the bottom of the outer are covered by the phone.I thought this system would allow to me to practice some close retention drills, but I don't think that it will (I'll keep working on on ways to make it work).TL;DR: I approve of iTarget; you may approve too.Link: http://ift.tt/2p2Zgf8 via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2stkZOl

No comments:

Post a Comment