Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Colorado - duty to inform?


Do any of you know if Colorado has a "duty to inform" rule when interacting with law enforcement? Best I've found so far is "if asked". Alright. But does that mean I don't have to hand over my weapons permit along with my drivers license? Or is it better if I do?Originally I came from a state where there was such a duty. So I just got in the habit of keeping both IDs side by side in my wallet. Back in my home state, according to some friends in law enforcement, they actually relax and smile when seeing a concealed weapons permit. Because it means the person they pulled over has passed a background check in recent memory and is probably one of the good guys.Not so sure that the cops in urban Colorado would think the same way... via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2tvAreh

No comments:

Post a Comment